Santa Rosa Medical Malpractice Errors Attorney
Any time we seek out medical advice, we trust the physician we’ve chosen to have our best interests in mind, to make accurate diagnoses and to make recommendations that will improve our health, not make it worse. Each patient deserves and has a right to an appropriate standard level of care. You have the right to bring a medical malpractice lawsuit claiming negligence if your medical practitioner does not act according to this approved standard of care and his or her service leads to an injury.
Contact our Santa Rosa office, call 707-703-4038 or for Sacramento, call 916-472-0003.
Medical Malpractice Errors in California
In Sacramento and Santa Rosa, medical malpractice negligence could refer to any or all of the following common errors:
- Failure to diagnose—It happens more often than some would like to admit — you can go to a health care professional with a specific illness and that professional is unable to determine the reason for your suffering. He or she makes no diagnosis. Later, you may find the crux of your medical problem through another health care practitioner, who does make a diagnosis and gives you the care you need and deserve.
- Failure to diagnose accurately—A medical practitioner can also make an initial diagnosis, but as it turns out, he or she failed to properly diagnose your problem in the first place. This can lead to unnecessary and even harmful treatments.
- Failure to treat your injury or illness properly—When a health care practitioner does not take your injury or illness seriously enough or fails to prescribe proper treatment, you may have cause for a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Failure to administer proper medication—Serious injury can happen in instances where the wrong medication or incorrect dosage is prescribed or given to a patient. If this has happened to you or someone you love, it is of the utmost importance that you speak with the qualified medical malpractice attorneys at Teal & Montgomery immediately.
- Failure to inform—As a patient, you have the right to know the risks involved in a procedure or alternative medical treatment. You may have cause for a medical malpractice claim if your doctor or other medical professional does not inform you of those risks and injury occurs.
Are you a victim?
If you feel you have been mistreated, misinformed, lied to or suffered harm as a result of a doctor, nurse, surgeon or other medical professional’s negligence there is hope. An experienced, professional and compassionate medical malpractice attorney who specializes in malpractice errors can file claims on your behalf and investigate the evidence of your injury. The attorneys at Teal and Montgomery include an attorney who is also a doctor, who has extensive medical and legal expertise with which to fuel your claim process. You will want to make sure to have all the proper information your attorneys will need, such as:
- A timeline of events
- Any medical paperwork
- Any notes of conversations with doctors or medical professionals
- Copies and/or pictures of any and all prescription bottles
- Detailed descriptions of all pains, injuries, ailments, difficulties experienced by you or your loved one.
- Names of any and all doctors, surgeons, nurses, nurse practitioners, hospital administrators and any other medical professionals with whom you or your family member has had contact.
Free Consultations For Victims Of Medical Malpractice Errors
We offer a free telephone, online, or in-person consultation. Our Santa Rosa and Sacramento medical malpractice attorneys listen to you, consider the facts, and give you our best advice. For the Santa Rosa office, call 707-703-4038 or for Sacramento, call 916-472-0003.