Understanding how Contingency Fees Work for Medical Malpractice Claims
Many individuals who believe they have been the victim of medical malpractice do not know where to turn. They may know that lawyers handle medical malpractice lawsuits, but they may believe that hiring an attorney will be too expensive and that they do not have the money to fund a lawsuit. For these reasons, too many people fail to even discuss a possible claim with a legal professional because they do not want to pay for a consultation.
Fortunately for injured victims, the Sacramento medical malpractice attorneys at the Teal Law Group make it affordable for anyone to pursue a legal claim no matter what their financial situation may be. We do this by handling all of our medical malpractice cases on a contingency fee basis. A contingency fee agreement states that we will charge you no fee for our services unless you are able to recover in your case. We also front the costs of pursuing your claim so that you do not pay anything out of pocket.
The following is some additional information regarding our contingency fee arrangements:
- If you do prevail in your case, we are paid a previously agreed-upon percentage directly out of your recovery.
- California law strictly regulates the amount that an attorney can receive from a medical malpractice settlement or award to ensure you are able to take home the compensation you deserve.
- The limitations apply whether your recovery is determined by alternative dispute resolution, settlement negotiations, or trial.
- We are not reimbursed for any costs of your case until you receive your settlement or award.
- Your attorney can take payments over a period of time through a structured fee.
At the Teal Law Group, our Sacramento medical malpractice lawyers will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding contingency fees. We want to make sure that you thoroughly understand all of your rights in our agreement and are comfortable signing the agreement.
Our legal team has extensive experience standing up for the rights and interests of patients who suffered injury due to medical malpractice. Our consultations are always free with no obligation, so please do not hesitate to call 916-472-0003 to discuss how we can help you today or contact us online to schedule your consultation.