The human body is an intricate machine designed to work in specific and complex ways. In the same way an automobile needs certain care and maintenance to run properly, so do our bodies. Just as a car needs fuel in the gas tank, oil in the engine and not vice versa, the body needs proper care to both function daily and heal when it is sick.
The Importance of Diagnosis
A key component of physician care has to do with diagnosing the problem when the body is ill and thus not functioning properly. To diagnose means to pinpoint the nature of an ailment or other issue by examining the symptoms. This might be the most crucial part of a doctor or other health professional’s job. If a doctor fails to properly diagnose a patient, he will also fail to treat the patient appropriately or treat the wrong condition. If these mistakes happen, causing the true condition to go untreated, it can worsen and lead to infection, sepsis, other illnesses and even death.
If you or a loved one have suffered a worsened health condition because a Santa Rosa doctor, radiologist or other healthcare professional failed to diagnose a disease or condition correctly or in a timely manner, you may have a case for medical malpractice. Please contact the attorneys at Teal and Montgomery in Santa Rosa, California today by calling 707-525-1212 or contact Teal and Montgomery online.
What is Failure to Diagnose?
Failure to diagnose occurs when a doctor or other medical professional does not accurately access a medical condition. This could be grounds for a medical malpractice claim or lawsuit in instances such as the following:
- You brought your infirmities to your family doctor, who failed to diagnose your critical condition: cancer, including lung cancer, skin cancer, prostate cancer and breast cancer, or tuberculosis.
- A lab technician or doctor incorrectly read blood tests or MRI results.
- A diagnostic lab informed your family doctor or a specialist of the presence of disease after tests in the medical clinic, but your doctor did not inform you of the diagnosis or follow up.
- You complained of pain following surgery and your surgeon or other doctor failed to diagnose the reason for the problem: a foreign object had been retained inside your body.
- Your obstetrician failed to diagnose a high-risk condition during prenatal visits. The condition should have indicated that a C-section should be performed, but instead your OBGYN overlooked the issue. Your child suffered a birth injury as a result of this failure to diagnose a critical condition.
Whatever your experience regarding a physician’s failure to diagnose a severe health condition, if you endured pain, loss and hardship as a result, you may have a valid claim for compensation. Talk to a medical malpractice attorney at the law offices of Teal & Montgomery.
When Delay Or Misdiagnosis Leads To Death
If your loved died because a doctor failed to diagnose a medical condition accurately, you now face many costs and losses such as funeral and burial expenses, as well as decreased income of your family member who passed away.
There is no way to put a price on the intangible results of the failure to diagnose your loved one’s illness. A wrongful death deprives your wife or husband, mother or father, son or daughter of your loved one’s companionship.
Contact a California Failure To Diagnose Cancer Lawyer
Personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys of Teal & Montgomery in Santa Rosa include a doctor who is also a lawyer. Attorneys of Teal & Montgomery are prepared to evaluate your case and make wise recommendations based on years of experience handling injury and death claims and lawsuits in California.
Find out more on the ” How We Can Help You” page. Learn more about personal injury law on our “Frequently Asked Questions” page. See a sampling of ” Results” and ” Testimonials.”
We welcome you to contact us or call 707-525-1212 to schedule a free initial consultation at your convenience A Santa Rosa failure to diagnose attorney can visit you in your home or hospital if necessary.