A serious or catastrophic injury is a major disruption in life. Many accident victims and their families struggle to cope with expenses and losses including the following when injury strikes:
- Medical bills for emergency care, surgery, follow-up care, therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Related expenses, such as travel to medical centers and doctors’ offices
- Pain and suffering
How Will Life Go On After the Injury?
The human body naturally seeks to heal itself. And, over time, many accident victims do get better and are able to return to a normal life. Top-notch medical care and plenty of time for rest and recovery are important ingredients in a successful physical recovery.
Other people who are seriously injured become disabled. They may need new, different housing or remodeling done to their existing homes. Wheelchair ramps, grab bars, lowered counters and widened doorways allow some seriously disabled people to live successfully at home.
After a serious car accident, construction accident or other type of accident, you may require expensive durable medical devices, such as a hospital bed, a motorized wheelchair, an oxygen tank or a lift. You may have ongoing expenses for expendable medical supplies and medications.
What Will Be Your Source of Compensation After an Accidental Injury?
Do you believe your medical insurance or car insurance will cover all of these costs? For most people, the answer to that question is not nearly enough. For this reason, it is important to have your case reviewed by an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible, while evidence is still fresh and can be gathered and analyzed.
- Was another driver, a property owner or an equipment manufacturer at fault? The sooner an investigation gets underway, the clearer the causes of the accident will be.
- If your accident happened at work, you may have a workers’ compensation claim. Our law firm can refer you to a respected attorney who handles workers’ comp claims — but we will also want to know if a third party (someone other than your employer) was in some way responsible. Did a subcontractor, a delivery person or an installation and maintenance service fail to meet a duty of care?
Surprisingly often, when we investigate the circumstances of an accidental injury, we find liability on the part of some person or entity that allows for a successful recovery of damages (compensation).
Learn how Teal & Montgomery may be able to help you get a start on your new, altered future with the resources that you need to cope and thrive. An initial free consultation is the first step. Contact us to discuss your accident, your injury and your financial needs. We handle many types of accidents, including the following:
- A surgical error or some other type of medical malpractice, such as a birth injury.
- A truck, motorcycle or auto accident.
- A forklift accident, crane accident or other type of construction accident.
- An accident involving premises liability or product liability.
After a California Serious Injury, Contact an Attorney
Since 1975, our Santa Rosa personal injury law firm has been representing injured people and their families. Our team of dedicated, skilled personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys includes a doctor who is also a lawyer. The entire law firm of Teal & Montgomery is prepared to place a high priority on excellent, effective preparation of your case.
We welcome you to contact us or call 707-703-4038 to schedule a free initial consultation at your convenience A Santa Rosa personal injury attorney can visit you in your home or hospital if necessary.