Many people have fears of undergoing surgery. Unfortunately, their fears are not unfounded, irrational emotions. The possibility of suffering a negative outcome during or following a surgery or surgical procedure is very real indeed. You have every right to expect your surgeon to abide by the accepted standards of medical practice when you agree to go under the knife. While some negative outcomes may be your body’s inability to respond as expected, your injury may result from a form of medical malpractice having taken place while you were in the care of your doctor. If you suspect a doctor or hospital is to blame for the mistake that caused or worsened your condition, you need to talk to an experienced Sacramento surgical error attorney.
Call Teal and Montgomery today at 916-448-1010 to schedule a free initial consultation at your convenience or you can contact us online.
We Accept Select Cases Involving Surgical Malpractice
At Teal & Montgomery in Sacramento, our lawyers know well enough not to get involved in frivolous or unfounded lawsuits against medical personnel. We only accept cases of clear negligence — surgical error cases that even other doctors would support, such as the following:
- Operating on the wrong body part, such as removing a good kidney or breast instead of a cancerous kidney or breast
- Failing to remove all foreign objects from the body after surgery
- Injuring adjacent body parts, such as perforating bowels during gall bladder surgery
- Damaging a nerve during surgery
- Administering too much or too little anesthesia (anesthesia error)
- Executing an incision at the wrong area
- Leaving a surgical equipment, e.g. sponges or instruments, inside a patient
- Operating on the wrong patient
Victim Pain and Suffering
Surgical errors cause substantial pain and suffering to victims. They are not small mistakes. They can lead to injuries that should never have happened or complicate previous conditions considerably. If additional injuries are caused, or repairs aren’t made adequately, one of the worst things that can happen is a pervasive infection that can spread rapidly through the body. When you discover that your condition has worsened after botched surgery, you may encounter additional expenses and losses on top of the cost of your original surgery, such as the following:
- You may need corrective surgery to repair the error.
- You may spend additional time in the hospital.
- Damage may be irreparable, leaving you with a chronic condition that will deprive you of the ability to work or enjoy life as before.
Experienced and knowledgeable medical malpractice attorneys of Teal & Montgomery urge you to contact an attorney as soon as possible. Our team of experienced medical malpractice attorneys includes a doctor who is also a lawyer. We welcome the opportunity to share with you how we might determine whether a physician’s error is to blame for the surgical error that has left you in bad condition — or has taken the life of your loved one.
Reasons for Malpractice
Some may wonder how trained, experienced and licensed surgeons could make such grievous errors. Unfortunately, there are many reasons surgical malpractice can occur, such as the following:
- Insufficient Preoperative Planning
- Improper Work Process
- Poor Communication
Contact A California Nerve Damage Lawyer
The Sacramento medical malpractice law firm of Teal & Montgomery is a valuable resource and ally for Californians who have suffered losses and expenses because of doctor negligence, including surgery malpractice.
Learn about ” how we can help you” on this website. See our ” Frequently Asked Questions” page, as well as our pages containing sample ” results” and ” testimonials.”
We welcome you to contact us or call 916-448-1010 to schedule a free initial consultation at your convenience. Our surgical error attorneys offer home and hospital visits in the Sacramento or Santa Rosa area, when appropriate.